• Preheat the oven to 240°C.
• Wash the lemongrass. Remove the first membranes and chop the light part of the stem (close to the bulb).
• In a bowl, mix the nuoc mam, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar and water. Add the chopped lemongrass, chopped shallot and pressed garlic.
• Pour this marinade over the chicken pieces and keep in a cool place for 2 hours.
• Bake the chicken for 40 minutes until half done.
• Baste the chicken with the marinade every 15 minutes. Add a little hot water if it evaporates too quickly before the end of cooking.
• When the cooking is finished, sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
• Cook the rice and green beans in boiling water. Serve as an accompaniment.